Kia ora tatou,
It looks like Aucklanders have done enough during Level 4 lockdown and all going well, Waimahia Intermediate will be open on Wednesday next week, for only the small number of students who need to attend. Until then, we remain at Alert Level 4.
So who can be at school at Alert Level 3?
- Only students whose parents need to leave home for work and don’t have appropriate care at home can come to school
- Children who are at higher risk of severe illness from Covid-19 should continue to learn at home
What will school look like at Alert Level 3?
- Students will be in bubble classes of up to 10 students and 2 teachers
- Learning will be online and set by the students’ classroom teacher, not necessarily the bubble class teacher. A device will be provided at school for each student.
- Bubble classes will open at 8.45am and close at 3.00pm
- Lunch will be provided by our normal lunch supplier. Each student must bring their own water bottle
- No outside agencies will be allowed onsite
- Parents are asked to ring the school rather than come onsite
What health precautions will be observed?
- Bubble classes will not mix with other bubble classes
- Everyone in a bubble will keep 1 metre away from each other, as much as possible
- Masks or face coverings are optional
- Students and staff will be washing their hands regularly and we will have hand sanitiser in the bubble classroom
- The playground is closed
- Coughs and sneezes will be into elbows
- We will be cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces regularly
- Anyone who is unwell or sick must stay home, or will be sent home if they arrive at school sick
While we know how difficult it is trying to work from home as well as support your child’s learning, please keep your child at home if there is an appropriate carer available. For those of you with no other option, we will look forward to seeing your child at school next week.
Please let us know if your child needs to be at school during level 3 – call 09 2667455, contact the classroom teacher, facebook message, email email@example.com
We are enjoying connecting with your child on Google Meets and on the phone. Please contact me if you have any questions or need support. Remember the school phone line and our facebook messenger is a reliable way to contact us.
In the meantime, stay safe, stay warm, stay home.
Nga mihi maioha,